Friday, September 24, 2010

 How I beat Psoriasis with Flaxseed Oil

Here is what my knees and legs looked like before I started using Flaxseed Oil

     When I was seventeen I started to get itchy patches of dry skin on my toes.  Then it went to my ankles, knees and on top of my feet.  It continually got worse.  I scratched it until I got a ring worm infection in it.  I had to see my doctor to get an anti-biotic to heal it.  He said I had psoriasis.
The anti-biotic got rid of the infection but not the psoriasis.  It was going up my leg and I got it on my elbow.
My friends and family thought I had burns.  I tried a multitude of cures my doctor suggested such as a cream that I put on with plastic wrap on my ankles and knees.  It helped the itching but it always came back.
Twenty three years went by, and then I discovered the essential oils for our bodies.  Not oils for our skin but oils you take internally.
As I added flaxseed oil to my diet I could see that my skin was healing.  I saw a change in 3 days.  My skin where the psoriasis was started getting less red and flaky and more skin toned.  As time went by my skin actually looked normal.  No more itch.  All that I have left are some scares.  It has been 20 years and I take flaxseed oil every day.  My psoriasis never came back.
Flaxseed oil has omega 3 fatty acids in it.  It is rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) an essential fatty acid that helps in heart disease, arthritis, pain, and many other diseases.
Flaxseed and the skin
 Many skin problems today such as acne, eczema and psoriasis may also be partly due to the fact that the modern diet is lacking in omega 3 essential fatty acids. As a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids flax seed is able to replenish the correct body levels of these fats and so benefit skin disorders that may result from a deficiency.
Flax seed oil benefits acne as the fatty acids present in flax seed help to prevent the clogging of the pores of the skin and thin the sebum which causes these clogged pores.
Psoriasis is another skin disorder that is benefited by taking flax seed. Flax seed contains the omega 3 fatty acid ALA which is broken down by the body into EPA. EPA supplementation has been found to be beneficial for psoriasis sufferers when used with their normal medication.
You can take flax seed oil internally by sprinkling ground flax seed over cereals and salads or adding whole flax seeds to a glass of water and drinking immediately (if you leave it too long it will solidify the water).
The full benefits of flax seed for your skin include flax seeds in your diet, take flax seed supplements and use external applications of flax seed oil packs.


I am providing this information to you for free today. Please take the time to read my handbook on the Essential Oils for more information on flaxseed and other oils that can help benefit you and your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment